Our Recipe for Reshaping Lives:
The Tomorrow Project is a work-readiness training program that specifically targets the unique issues of homeless women. Begun in 1994, the need for such a program grew out of Catholic Charities of San Diego's 14 years of providing day center, night shelter and housing services for women. It became clear the women could use more support to find employment, something that would offer hands-on experience. Thus, The Tomorrow Project was developed to give homeless women worthwhile work that offered opportunity for the women to change their circumstances. While at The Tomorrow Project, the women take advantage of skills assessment and opportunities to 'learn while they earn'.
The women assemble delicious food products with simple ingredients like beans and spices to create handmade gourmet products and other food items that are sold at our retail and special event locations.
Top San Diego chefs partner with us to develop unique recipes that they donate exclusively for The Tomorrow Project.
- Providing individualized job-readiness training for homeless women
- Building each woman's skill through the assembly and sales of our gourmet products
- Improving our product offerings, production facilities, and training components
Training Goals for the women:
- Report to work on time, and follow instructions
- Work cooperatively with a team
- Solve minor production problems
- Ensure quality of each product
- Develop pride in their work
- Interact with customers positively