Frequently Asked Questions
- Are all of your products vegetarian?
- Yes, we add no animal products. Options for using beef or chicken broth, adding beef or chicken may be listed on the recipe cards. The soups are delicious with or without meat products.
- I lost my recipe; where can I get a replacement?
- You may contact us and we will email you instructions for making the product.
- Do you operate all year?
- Yes. This program operates 51 weeks, taking the week between Christmas and New Year's off.
- Is The Tomorrow Project a fundraiser for other programs?
- No, our funds stay with The Tomorrow Project. We use all sales proceeds and donations to fund training stipends for our participants, and to underwrite the costs of raw materials, supplies and general operations.
- How Can I Get a Tax Deduction?
- Our tax experts tell us, although you are purchasing a consumable product, you may deduct up to 50% of the purchase price.
- "Rubs"? Are these for the body?
- No - our "rubs" are to be used on meat, chicken and fish!
- Do your products have a limited 'shelf life'?
Our chefs advise us that beans do get hard as they age, thereby losing their flavor and ability to soften during the soaking and cooking processes. Thus we have added "best if used by..." stickers on the bottom of each soup product. The date on that sticker on the bottom of your container of soup is one full year from that product's date of production.
Should the green split peas of Spicy Split Pea Mix look yellow, they have lost their chlorophyll, are old and should be discarded. Light of all kinds 'bleaches' the green out of these peas, as well as some of the 'green' spices found in some of our spice packets. We recommend not using them if they are not their true color. They won't hurt you; they will just not be flavorful.
Multigrain Baking Mix
Once opened, this product does best if kept in the refrigerator. It does contain shortening which is best preserved chilled. We have done our own unofficial testing of the shelf life of this product and found it to be just as good after 6 months as it was the first day.